Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Fitness Goals

As of January 1, 2012, my fitness goals are as follows;
(I'm sure I'll add to this as the year goes on...)

Race Schedule/goals:

  • March 24: Buffalo Run 25K (15.6 miles) on Antelope Island.  I will finish this trail run in no more than 2 hours and 45 minutes, averaging a 10:35 min/mile pace.  (This time goal is subject to change after I do a practice run on this course and determine the most realistic goal)
  • April 20-21: So-Cal Ragnar.  
  • Date TBD: Draper Trail Challenge 7 miler.  I will finish this challenging trail run in no more than 1 hour and 17 minutes, averaging an 11 min/mile pace.
  • June 15-16: Wasatch Back Ragnar
  • August 24-25: Hood to Coast in Seattle, WA.
  • May 19: Woman of Steel Sprint Triathlon.  This will be my first triathlon.  The swim and bike portions of this race are entirely foreign to me.  I have a LONG way to go as I have just learned how to swim a couple months ago.   This is both exciting and scary. 
    • 300 meter swim - My goals is to simply finish the swim in the alloted time allowed.
    • 12.4 mile bike ride - 
    • 3 mile run - My goal is to finish the run in 27 minutes (avg. of 9 min/mile)
Fitness/Nutrition:
  • On May 19th I am at my goal weight of 135 lbs.  This will require that I lose an average .5 lb per week.  It feels great to have consistency and balance in my approach to weight loss.  On this day I will be competing in my first Triathlon and feel great about the shape I am in.  
  • I follow my THF nutrition plans each week.  This will require planning ahead and consistency.
  • I allow for 2 cheat meals per week, keeping balance in my diet.
  • I am consistant in my workouts each week.  I exercise 6 days/wk, incorporating 3 days of strength and 3 days of cardio each week.  
I will approach my fitness goals with passion and hard work. I will listen to my body and give myself permission to slow down or change directions in any given moment in order to keep my back healthy.

I have two accountability partners with these goals; Brad Holdaway and Suzanne Loeser.




2 comments:

  1. Alicia this is awesome! My goal for 2012 is run a 5K by 8/30. I have not run since i was pregnant with Warren and was put on exercise embargo!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara,
    Thank you. That is awesome that you are able to start running again! If you ever want to go for a short run, lmk!! Do you know which 5k you are doing yet?

    ReplyDelete